Website Design for Nonprofit Organizations
From protecting animals and the environment, to advocating for the disadvantaged, to providing relief in disasters, helping eradicate hunger, and finding cures for devastating diseases - the organizations we design websites for are diverse and power SO much social good.
Nonprofit Websites Built With Purpose
Nonprofit Organizations have many different needs and audiences - donors, volunteers, event participants, those searching for information, sponsors, board members - and the list goes on! We have worked with all types of nonprofit organizations to define their audiences and help them create websites that help them achieve their mission and goals.
Questions We Ask When Designing a Nonprofit Website
- What is the impact your organization has and how can we best tell that story?
- Who is your primary audience and why do they come to your website?
- What is the most important thing you want visitors to learn when they visit your site?
- How much of your funding comes from individual donors?
- Why should someone support your organization?
- Do you have any big fundraising events or campaigns we should feature?
- Do you have a: monthly giving program, volunteer program, corporate partner program, or peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives?
- Do you send out emails or newsletters?
4 Things Nonprofit Organization Websites Should Have
From the experts in nonprofit web design best practices
Messaging is key. Grab your visitor's attention with clear and engaging headlines that easily explain your mission and how they can get involved.
Show your visitors the impact you have through statistics, infographics, stories, and/or videos. Include language that makes them want to help your impact grow.
Your homepage should introduce users to what you do and have a clear focus. There should be clear calls to action.
Ways to Get Involved
Have clear and simple paths to donate, sign up for newsletters, volunteer, advocate, etc.